Italicious

Friday 8 November 2013

Pietrasanta: the cradle of art

A bohemian borough in northern Tuscany

I sit on a crimson sofa while Sofy is preparing some coffee before we start our interview. Sophie Ricard, in art “Sofy” is a sculptor and a painter now living in Pietrasanta and managing a Bed and breakfast activity, although she prefers referring to it as a GuestHouse,“Maison d’hôtes”, a charming 17th-century building, inviting to beauty and contemplation.

From the large window, I can see roofs and terraces finely decorated with stuccos and marbles and I feel like I am in Paris…when Sofy starts her story. "I sat on a comfy chair sipping a ‘spritz’ and contemplating some terrific art pieces of contemporary artists…the bells of the Duomo toll and the air filled with inebriating scents of time, olive trees and freshly cut grass… I found myself in Pietrasanta, a small medieval town set on hills of northern Tuscany Riviera of Versilia, enjoying the typical Italian relax in piazzetta… After living in Paris and travelling the world, I would not expect myself to feel so at ease in such a small place." Go on reading on Wall Street International

No comments:

Post a Comment